Thursday, November 18, 2010

Slack Tea Thursday

I stumbled in the door from work at about 6.15 pm, and it looked like all hell had broken loose.  Then I remembered that the carpet cleaners had been here today and ALL the  furniture from two bedrooms,   the lounge room and my bedroom, was in the hallway and computer room. Crap Crap Crappity Crap. (I stole that saying from Little Miss Potty Mouth who literally uses it as tag on her posts )

So instead of a relaxing night in front of the computer I had to try to find some semblance of order because tomorrow night is Friday Night Sew In, tomorrow I am working and at the moment I don't technically have a sewing room,  or a freaking clue where anything is. Well actually  I know where it all is ...it's here. But it shouldn't be.



And I still don't know where specific things are. Which will make sewing hard.

So the plan was  for us to empty the rooms, have the carpet cleaners come in and do their thing  , and in the putting everything back where it belongs process,  swap the rooms back to the sewing room in what used to be Miss P's room, and guest bedroom in what has been my sewing room for the last FOREVER ....so it wasn't so much a swap back so much as a whole new Maison Pyjamas world order.

My point is - I didn't have time to even think about STT tonight and literally grabbed something that would keep fueling my body so I could make a start on restoring order so I could  get my sewing groove on  tomorrow night.

And frankly my dinner looks decidedly manky. Possibly because I didn't use a plate. Crockery can make almost anything look classier than it is.



Next stop -Favourite Things Friday. One working day to the weekend! Whooooooo Hooooo!

P.S.  My friend SAJ has given up chocolate. I keep getting emails from her telling me she wants to kill herself. Let that be a lesson for all of us.




18 comments:

Larri said...

Hope the Sewing Room is back in order soon. That is a pretty slack dinner, though it appears you have balanced the protein and carbs quite well.

Why would anyone want to give up chocolate???!!!

Happy Thursday almost Friday!

Unknown said...

Exactly...there are Other things to Give Up..No Wonder She is Suicidal..OH Dear You Poor Thing...Hope you find your Sewing Things so at least you can Enjoy Tomorrow Night's sewing...
cheers

Unknown said...

I hope those damn cleaning fairies turn up when you are at work tomorrow !

Anonymous said...

Just want to make it clear that , contrary to what the BFF sez, I am not suicidal, i am in the first stage of withdrawal which is wanting to kill other people- especially those who try to bribe me to help them sort their sewing room... WITH CHOCOLATE!!!!
also, i dont WANT to give it up, but keeping the cocoa trade going plays havoc with the ability to fit into clothes that dont double up as wedding gazebos!!!!!!

Kate said...

Don't you hate those things that you forget when at work and then come home and are forced to remember, after you've already made other plans. Hope you are in your new space by Friday night sew in!

Mistea said...

When my father told the doctor he had given up chocolate, the doctor's response was 'whatever for!'

Hope the sewing thing takes over the correct space real soon.

Enjoy sew in!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I am so sorry about the mess - kinda give me stress just looking at it! I'm a little disappointed that you didn't have a drink or something to take the edge off. A

It must be the angle, but that kinda looked liked the world's largest sandwich.

Your poor friend - I'm sure that it's just the hardest the first couple of days -

I hope you have a chance to relax - I'm sure you'll feel better when everything is clean and in it's place - it's just getting to that point!

Sara said...

Seconding what Kirsten said... There are no plates big enough to fit that there sandwich...

Marie said...

i'd give up red meat before chocolate ...

my friday night sew in project is to clean the sewing room! (maybe i can find my missing project)....

Shay said...

It WAS a pretty big sandwich...

Brenda said...

Oh, the picture of all of your stuff is depressing! But - it will be soooo nice to have your house all re-ordered the way you like - so -worth it - yes? Good luck.

Shevvy said...

That deserves more than a "Crap Crap Crappity Crap". Maybe "Crappity Crappity Crap Crap Crap!"
The save goes for giving up chocs!

AnnieO said...

Oh man, that's a sad sandwich for sure. Hope all the rearranging was successful so sewing night is ON!

Michelle said...

Wow! You've got moving chaos without even changing houses. My sympathies. But it will be wonderful when everything is back in order.

Marg said...

How big is that sandwich? I'm right behind Kirsten and Sara, do you even own any plates big enough for that sandwich.
Hope your room/furniture re-arranging goes well.
I can sympathise completely with SAJ, giving up chocolate, that is crappity crap!!
BTW who is this Little Miss Potty Mouth? Never heard of her, but I bet she's awesome, te he he.

melissa said...

Oh i dont know, you cant go wrong with a ham and cheese sanga...looks quite rustic , even french maybe? Good luck with the rearranging!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley - that's a big old mess and a big old sandwich! The contents is just kinda hanging out of it :0)

I think crapitty crap crap crap is putting it mildly - hope you get it sorted by tomorrow but on the plus side you do have nice clean carpets for the contents of your sandwich to drop all over.

I get such a giggle at your posts and the resulting comments.

Elizabeth said...

I will NEVER give up chocolate, even if I develop some horrible medical condition where if I eat chocolate I will die.

Also, this is about the slackest tea ever, but I see you really got your groove on and rocked some seriously awesome room decorating. You are officially THE Wonder From Down Under.

xo -E